So at the bottom of this post you can see my leg routine. I begin my routine with squats, a very important compound movement which really helps the legs to grow. Within these six sets I mix up the weight switching between a medium weight to a heavy weight. On the final set I will do a dropset to really feel that burn in the quads.
The next exercise is seated leg press. Now with this exercise I change what I do all the time, one day I may go heavy on all sets, one day I may do a set of 21 (changing leg positions to hit all areas of the quads) or I may mix it up, for example medium set, heavy set, medium set and so on.
This is followed with Leg extensions, now for this I really do mix it up. Some days heavy of hitting just 4-6 reps and others between 8-12 making sure I point my toes out and squeezing the muscle to feel the contraction. Great exercise for build that shape of the quad.
Next is the leg curl, probably my least favourite exercise on leg day. Reason being is because I dislike this machine, I don't feel the full benefit from it, even on the laying leg curl.
I then move onto the Dumbbell squat. A nice exercise that really feels the burn. I go with a fairly heavy weight but not too heavy because I'm holding the dumbbell in both hands and do not want to cause any wrist problems. I aim for 12 reps on each set using the 4 second down 2 second up tempo.
Dumbbell sumo squat is the next exercise and with this I have a wider stance to really focus on hitting the inner part of the quadriceps. Again I go fairly heavy but not too heavy because of the wrists and I aim for 12 reps, again using the 4 second down 2 second up tempo.
My final exercise is calf raises. Now for this exercise I like to go really heavy so that I can feel the burn, aiming for 15 reps on a 2 second down 2 second up tempo.
For more information on my leg routine leave a comment
LEG DAY
EXERCISE
|
SETS
|
REPS
|
WEIGHT
|
SQUAT
|
6
|
10-12
| |
SEATED LEG PRESS
|
6
|
8-12
| |
LEG EXTENSION
|
6
|
10
| |
LEG CURL
|
5
|
10
| |
DUMBBELL SQUAT
|
6
|
12
| |
DUMBBELL SUMO SQUAT
|
6
|
12
| |
CALF RAISE
|
6
|
15
|
No comments:
Post a Comment